About Basura Bash
The Basura Bash is a volunteer organization. Our mission is committed to increasing stewardship of the San Antonio Area Waterways through:
- Mobilizing volunteers for our annual cleanup.
- Providing community education regarding water pollution and natural resource preservation.
- Building public/private partnerships for the betterment of our community's environment.
Basura Bash is the largest single-day waterway clean-up in Texas. We've continued growing over the past 20 years both in the number of volunteers and in the waterways cleaned.
Our dedicated Volunteers' continued support and commitment to Basura Bash and keeping the San Antonio waterways clean, is a large part of our shared success.
Volunteers have five ways of participating:
- Register as an individual to participate in Basura Bash
- Register as part of a group to participate in Basura Bash
- Become a member of the Basura Bash Planning Organization
- Become a Sponsor or Partner of Basura Bash
If you would like to volunteer, see the Volunteer Registration Page!
Plastic bags are the #1 item collected during the Basura Bash! Learn more about plastics, waterways and watershed management and a healthy environment...
Check out "Facts About Trash Stats" to see how the number of Volunteers, amount of material recycled and trash and tires collected has grown by year.
The Basura Bash Planning Organization would like to express our sincere appreciation for the support of our Sponsors and all those who contributed to the Annual Basura Bash Waterways Clean-Up.
Thank you and remember Basura Bob says, "Think Green and Keep it Clean".
Basura Bash Planning Organization